Vision, Mission, Method
Vision & Mission:
We believe that the Bible is the holy, inerrant, Word of the living God, and that it speaks to all of life. We are convinced that seeing and experiencing life with its sorrows and joys, problems and success, through the lens of scripture is the only way that we can arrive at a full, right, and true perspective. We believe that while aspects of modern psychological thought, methods, and practices can be of some use, that in themselves apart from Scripture it leaves us with an incomplete view of and approach in dealing with the complexities of life that we and our neighbors face. We are gratefully and humbly aware that the Bible does not merely provide us with a moral anchor, but more importantly offers us access to true and lasting change through the hope of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
It is our vision to equip the church, and especially those in the church who engage in intentional counseling ministries, in Eastern Europe with the spiritual and practical tools it needs to be able to:
- Offer the hope of the gospel of Jesus Christ to their own cultures and societies.
- Apply the truth of God’s Word and the gospel of Jesus Christ practically, first to their own lives, and then to the lives of those they counsel, as they grow on the trajectory of sanctification toward maturity in Christ.
- We do not offer a “one size fits all” method or solution for counseling.
- We do not pretend that we have, or can offer all the answers.
- Our desire is to challenge Christians to evaluate through the lens of Scripture the secular psychological, and therapeutical approaches to the process of change.
- We hope to foster a confidence in the relevance, significance, and durability of the Word of God as it speaks into the lives of people; and in the hope of the gospel which is freely offered to all.
The foundation of the training program is based on four intensive three-day conference that feature:
- High Caliber Lectures
- Worship Sessions
- Practical Workshops
- Question & Answer Sessions
Follow-up from the conferences include:
- Opportunity to join a peer group of Biblical Counselors
- An offer of ongoing mentorship throughout the year with experienced and well qualified Biblical Counselors
- Ongoing resources and training
- A certificate of completion will be awarded to each participant who has successfully completed the two year (four conference) training program.